At my Dallas law firm - the Law Offices of James R. Tucker, P.C. - I have the resources necessary to prepare complex cases for trial. I can bring in the appropriate experts and collect critical evidence to increase your chances of success.
I have over 35 years of experience as a lawyer and have dedicated my career to helping plaintiffs. Over the years, I have achieved a great deal of success for my clients. I have won multimillion-dollar settlements and jury verdicts for injury victims and businesses.
The year 2019 was my most successful yet in terms of results obtained, including obtaining a Judgment of $339 Million in a Whistleblower Home Health Care Fraud Case. I also represented Whistleblowers who filed Whistleblower lawsuits (along with another Relator) against a company that settled with the State of Texas in 2019 for $235.9 Million (my clients' share of that recovery have yet to be determined). In total, I have obtained over $700 Million in Judgments, Verdicts and Settlements for my clients in my career. Below in my website you will see other excellent results I have obtained for my clients over the years.
I have been named as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, in which Membership is made up of fewer than 1 percent of U.S. attorneys: only those who have won million- and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for their clients. I am also AV-rated* under Martindale-Hubbell's peer review rating system, which is the highest rating possible for ethical standards and legal ability.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: Top 10% of Class
- Honors: Chairman of Moot Court Board
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science
- Represented Dozens of Underprivileged Clients on a Pro Bono Basis
- John Ratcliffe
- Michelle Ratcliffe
- Mike Tibbals
- Tucker and Ratcliffe, LLP, Managing Partner, 2000 - 2005
- Godwin Ronquillo F/k/a Godwin Carlton, Partner, 1988 - 1992
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Kappa Tau
- Sigma Tau Epsilon
- Dallas Trial Lawyer's Association
- Texas Trial Lawyer's Association
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Whistleblower/Qui Tam
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Car and Truck Accidents
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Birth Injury
- Texas, 1987
- Mississippi, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- Martindale Hubble AV Preeminent Rating*
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Who's Who Among American Colleges and Universities
- Chairman of Moot Court Board in Law School